Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lovely Yarn

 

A few months ago I placed an order on Knit Picks. I spent some time "dream shopping" with a few yarns and had added them to my online shopping cart. Well apparently I was not very attentive when I placed my order and so...I ordered my dream yarns with my order. Oops.

When I got my order it was to find that yarn that was soft, light, vibrant... utterly delicious. I bought it in three colors: Emerald, Azurite and Amethyst. They are part of the Diadem fingering weight yarns.

A friend of mine had a birthday last month and it was so fun to work with this yarn. It blocks amazingly well. I may have to order more, but on purpose this time. :)

Here is what I made. You can get the pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shaelyn I wanted a shawl that was long enough for a comfortable drape. I used 1 1/2 skeins of the Diadem yarn on this.

Below: this is before I blocked it. I was impressed by how well it opened up the pattern after.

 

The colors were so pretty together and draped nicely.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you posted this pics Angie!! The shall is gorgeos, I know how much care you put in it... I am sure Martha love it!!!

    ReplyDelete