Thursday, January 29, 2015

Taking time

 

Something I have been working on the past few months is getting up an hour before my boys to have quiet time. Yes it feels like self inflicted torture some mornings, but the few minutes spent with my husband as we visit quietly over that first cup of coffee is precious. As I reflect on yesterday while preparing my thoughts and heart for today feels purposeful and refreshing. If I get the chance to do a yoga flow in my dimly lit living room, even better.

An hour later when I hear the pitter patter of little boy feet I can greet my sleepy boys with a smile and warm hug. I can be present in every sense of that word and sink into the day with a happy glow and acceptance of the here and now.

 

Everyday is an adventure!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment