Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter

Winter has arrived and with it busy days. Last week the boys decided it was time to make the house ready for winter by packing up our fall decor for next year.

The snow and frost on the trees make it beautiful outside.

I love the little owls with their big eyes.


I am in love with burlap this year...

The boys had a table at a craft fair for kids earlier this month. They made some clay ornaments and magnets. I strung what was left along the mantel. The little white mittens I made last year out of felt. I wanted to knit white mittens, but that was a little more work than I was up for.

Tray of the boys' creations

I had a lot of fun with the wreath...and with burlap.

 

I have done several knitting projects in the past few months. I knit this snake for Tanner for his birthday. I got the pattern from the Purl Bee. It was a fun pattern and easy pattern and I have since made two more. What makes it easier is if you have a self striping yarn.

Snow days. I had fun with the photo settings...

 

Happy Holidays! I will try to add some new posts over winter break. The boys finished their first semester last week. Yay! We are loving our curriculum this year. More on that later.

 

2 comments:

  1. Angie, the blog is so artistic and your home looks like just coming out of Martha Stewar's magazine!! I specially love the picture wit of the bird feeder! and the one with the frosted branch!!

    ReplyDelete