Monday, November 4, 2013

Bagels, bagels, bagels

 

What is a great way to wrap up a dark Monday night? (Thanks a lot daylight savings) Why not by baking a batch of homemade fluffy bagels thanks to the gals at:

Modern Vintage Housewives

Today started off good with lessons for the boys going well. I even played the piano for a bit using my new Piano instruction books that I bought at Barnes and Noble last night. When the light outside lessened and I pulled the curtains closed to shut out the dark by 5:30 p.m. I started to feel a little closed in.

So while dinner simmered I enjoyed looking at the above mentioned blog that my friend shared with me. *Thank you Ruthanne :)* What caught my eye? Homemade bagels. Now these gals sound pretty amazing using sprouted wheat, but I am -ahem, ahem- fresh out. So I made them with boring regular flour. I would like to try the sprouted wheat, but I am not there yet. :)

Anyway, already I am thinking of all the variations I would like to try. My husband suggested jalapeño cheddar and cinnamon raisin, sundried tomato, blueberry...yummy! Maybe my next batch or two or eight. I will share pictures and results on those later, but in the meantime here are my plain bagels.

Bagel anyone?

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your bagels look gorgeous! Thanks for linking to our blog- so glad you liked it! We're on Facebook, if you want to follow us, but NO pressure. :-D Off to read your homeschooling posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We loved these bagels. I can't wait to try more of your recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete