Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall Decor


I love fall. The colors are vibrant while the air is crisp and heavy with the scent of cranberries. Spending the majority of my time at home I like to bring the colors of fall indoors. When I started adding fall accents around the house last month my husband said, "I wondered when you were going to do that." Which of course makes me feel very happy. My boys love to help add leaves and little pumpkins.
Side table: the bell jar and base I found at a local antique shop last winter. It was a perfect fit for a nest we found at my Mom's house last year. The faux eggs I found at Joann Fabrics.
 

The large pumpkins are plastic from Michael's. I modge podged sheet music to the smaller pumpkin. I then sponged brown ink on it to age it slightly. I could have added more. The clock in the back is the one I made a few weeks ago. I will post on that soon.

 

Below: Antique books that I found last winter to add color to the mantel. I made the garland using burlap and jute twine and hot glue.

 

I love the ocean so I leave my seaside decor out all year long and just mix it with every season.

I bought the antique window frame at a garage sale a few years ago. I added fall flowers to this wreath and string them up together.

 

Happy Fall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment