Saturday, November 2, 2013

Spring, Summer....Fall

Summer here was amazing. So amazing in fact that I have not written in quite some time. To remedy that I will go through and see if I can add some posts that highlight the sun drenched summer we had, the beautiful fall, great start to our school year, projects that I have been up to etc.
This is our favorite spot to camp. The lake is so large that it is reminiscent of the ocean complete with gulls and the sound of water lapping the lake shore.
Spring was a little shaky at first especially when it decided to snow after I had planted my first rows of veggies (May 17th). I was not loving that late snow, but my vegetables didn't mind. We went on our first camping trip of the season to a favorite spot and it was beautiful as you can see above. We identified birds, watched for bugs, gathered sap to throw in the fire, went for a hike, roasted hot dogs and enjoyed smores... Great way to enjoy the outdoors.
Last years cranberries still clinging to the bush.
Fire burned stump. It had a lot of personality.
These little flowers are like bursts of sunshine.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment