Saturday, November 2, 2013

Bragging on my Brother Post

So for those of you who do not know him, my brother Josh is 2 1/2 years older than me and he is nothing short of awesome. I know growing up we had our share of bickering that goes with growing up with siblings, but at the heart of it we were and do remain close and good friends.
This post is to highlight his creative genius. For our Dad's 60th my brother made a gift that started with this....
Old junk on the beach that time and saltwater turned into rusty objects.My brother found a spoon from the U.S. Navy that was embedded in the rocks on Kodiak Island (where we grew up and our Mom still lives). He then turned it into this...
So with some polishing and bending he made it into a Key fob (which hooks to your pocket and the keys dangle inside without bunching up and make it easy to get your keys back out.) The cool things about this are #1 It is from Kodiak #2 Josh Made it #3 Dad was in the U.S.Navy #4 It is really cool! I think it is a great personal gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment